is archnoid cyst posteriror fossa. life threating diseases

By January 28, 2011 - 3:38am

Hi. when i was in school i had serve one side headaces, It really did not stop.. after graduation, i joined the milatry. during training again the head ace came back. finally i was admitted to the milartry hospital and digaonsed as Archnoid cyst posteriro fossa.. this made me medically unfit Milartry services. But he told me exactly what it is.. and offered a free surgery..also I was diagonsed for Migrane and asked to take sebilium tabs.(this made me drowsy.and affected my whole carreir and educational. . I was feeling normal. so I did not agree for the surgery..Now after 15yrs.. Iam married and having a kid.. and doing what i could do..

So my question is should I do the surgery any time in future or get away without the surgery.. pl let mek now..

thanks.. anjaandil..

Hi anjaandil

Thanks so much for your post.

Your questions are not ones we can answer unfortunately. No-one can make a decision for surgery but you.

Here are some suggestions for you:

Have symptoms changed for you recently? Why are you thinking about this now?
Make an appointment with a doctor to discuss the pros and cons of having this surgery. What might happen if you do have surgery? What might happen if you don't?

Your condition is not a fatal one so if you have no symptoms now, it may be something to live with and monitor. However, if you are in a lot of pain, surgery may help. It all depends on your kind of cyst and your health in general.

We have a very large thread I'd like you to take a look at and also feel free to join our Group on this topic

Group: http://www.empowher.com/groups/arachnoid-cyst-support-group

Let me know if this helps and I hope to hear from you soon!