Are gel nails bad for you?

By Blogger July 8, 2014 - 5:32pm

I've been getting gel nails for awhile now, they work really well. Are they toxic? Should I avoid this? Should I let my nail beds rest in-between or is this ok?

Hi Hayden

Gel nails are great, aren't they?! 

Most women do let their nails rest if they are using gel nails a lot. I am resting mine now, having had gel nails for two full months. The gel can dry your nails, as can the chemicals use to remove the gel. Giving your natural nails time to grow and using a good moisturizer for them for several weeks is a good idea. 

Here are some tips for gel nails and safety from a recent question: 

Has this helped?