Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: Are laptops dangerous?

By Marie-Claire

With all the talk about cell phones being bad (potentially) with radiation fears and the like.

Does anyone know anything about the dangers of laptops? Especially with them being literally on one's lap? I wonder, when my laptops overheat - is there a danger there?

Thanks!

alysiak

There was an article on this on BBC News Wi-fi Laptop Fears for Children.

Wired also carried an article about Laptops: a Hot Fertility Issue.

Personally, I use a cooling pad for my laptop. It seems to me that the heat from the laptop would not be good for your legs.

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: