Are ovaries checked while having a c section?

So I had my second child almost 3 years ago and ever since my period has changed. I used to get it every 28 days now it's 43-52 days. While having the c section with my second child the doctor said that she was checking my ovaries after taking the baby out. I have never heard doctors do this. I can't help but feel that the doctor did something wrong and messed up my ovaries somehow as I got pregnant really quickly before and now it's been a year since we started trying and nothing so far.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  The doctor checking your ovaries during your C-section is not a reason to not be able to conceive again. Depending on your age, women fertility changes with age. You might want to try to take your basal temperature in the mornings and keep track of when you ovulate. By checking the consistency of the discharge.  Most women will ovulate between days 11-21 of a cycle.  If you feel this won't work for you.  You might want to see a fertility specialist. Hope this was helpful?

Thank you! Am in my late 20s so maybe you are right. I will talk to my doctor and start checking the basal temperature!!