Are piercings bad for your health?

Are piercings bad for your health? I heard that even simple ear piercings are bad for your health since you are placing metal into your body. Is this true? Can you get metal poisoning?

to be honset yes they can be bad for you but that is truly if u dont clean them regularly

i heard piercings mess with your immune system and make it easier to get infections. Is this true?

i dont think piercings are bad for health it just depends how you care for them in the healing process so far i have an industrial and a labret and so far no reactions on my body but idk it depends on the person as well because some people are allergic to any metal period

i dont know if they hurt your health but i do know that they are bad ass!

I've read online that titanium causes alzheimer's. I'd be weary of wearing any titanium on my body. In fact, I'm thinking of giving up on metals in general...It seems that the only organisms that need these metals for their day to day functions are parasites inside our bodies, parasites that when fed by heavy metals introduced to our bodies through all forms of contact and ingestion reproduce to the point of making us ill. Look it up... Regards.

Great question!

Most people can have multiple piercings their entire life with no adverse reaction at all. But piercings can indeed be very bad for a person, if they don't care for the piercing, especially the first few weeks.

The body will tend to treat piercings as wounds and want to heal them. This is why piercings have to stay in for a long time before taken out for the first time, as they body will try to heal them quickly and the piercing can close up within a day.

Piercings can also become infected, especially belly button piercings and they are very nasty infections indeed. Body and facial piercings need to be cleaned regularly.

With regard to the metals poisoning the body, many metals need to be avoided altogether. Anything with lead or cadmium can poison the body and metals like nickel, gold plate, any kind of fake gold, bronze or copper can all can adverse reactions. Many people find out they have allergies to these metals once they get a piercing.

A better choice for piercings are surgical stainless steal or titanium.

Are you planning a piercing?!

Yes i am about to recieve a piercing for my belly button, nose, ear industral, tounge, and lip. So it may be very dangours but I do not care how bad it hurts.

Beauty Guide