Are there any side effects to the plan B pill? And how can I tell it worked?

I had sex with my boyfriend on October 7, 2-3 days after my period had ended. He ejaculated inside me and we both went in to panic. I took the plan B pill the next day, however it was about 30 hours after or so.
I started bleeding but not like a period. Blood would come out when I peed but i dont know if that was a side effect or some sort of infection. However it stopped a day after it started (October 10-11). And right now, I'm not sure if it's just paranoia, but I think my stomach is bloating. It could just be me being nervous, but I'm not sure. Is any of this normal? And when will I be able to take a test?
Thank you.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-cont...