Are zits possible in your mouth?

By Blogger July 7, 2014 - 5:52pm

I have a strange bump in my mouth for a few months now. It's hard but doesn't hurt or bother me much. I went to the dentist but forgot to ask about it. He didn't see anything wrong, should I be worried?

Hi Hayden

Thanks for this question! 

Yes, you absolutely must have this lump checked out. It may be something simple or something more serious. Dentists are often the first guard in terms of diagnosing a condition or disease of the mouth but they may miss something too. 

Zits in the mouth don't exist but what you may have are canker sores. These are little ulcers inside the mouth that can be very painful. Does your lump hurt? Where is it in your mouth exactly?

Read all about these ulcers here (they are harmless) and how to avoid them, risk factors and how to treat them:

There are other things to consider like the more serious HPV infection that can lead to oral and head cancers. This is the same kind of HPV that causes cervical cancers. This is why this lump needs a proper evaluation. Read all about oral cancers here:

Will you put a call into your doctor?

Dental & Oral Health

Dental & Oral Health Guide