Asperger's Syndrome

Asperger's Syndrome Guide

ask: ASPERGER MALE

By angeliawestbrook

I LIVE WITH A ASPERGER MALE, WHO I AM TRULY IN LOVE WITH. WE USE TO DATE WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER AND DECIDED TO TRY RELATIONSHIP AFTER 30 YRS. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT HE HAS ASPERGER AND IT IS VERY TOUGH FOR ME. WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 3 YR NOW BUT HE TENDS TO STAY ON FACEBOOK AND TEXT HIS OLD GIRLFRIENDS. HE FEELS THE NEED TO STAY IN TOUCH WITH THEM FOR SOME ODD REASON. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH HIS PHONE AND ON HIS FACEBOOK PAGE AND FOUND WHERE HE IS SAYING STUFF LIKE " I STILL LOVE YOU AND YOU WILL BE IN MY HEART BUT HE NEVER GOES ANY FURTHER THAN THAT. I BRING IT UP WHAT HE IS SAYING AND NOW HE IS SAYING I AM JEALOUS. OUR PLANS WERE TO GET MARRIED SOON BUT NOW HE IS SAYING HE IS SCARED BECAUSE I MIGHT CHANGE. I DON'T FEEL THAT I AM JEALOUS , I JUST WANT RESPECT. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT BOUNDARIES ARE SOMETHING ASP HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BUT IT SEEMS LIKE I AM LOOSING HIM AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO GET EMOTIONALLY ATTACHED TO SOMEONE ELSE. WHAT CAN I DO?

Hi angeliawestbrook

There are certain challenges when in a relationship with someone who is autistic, even a high functioning person like one with Aspergers.

If he is only telling these ex's that he loves them (as people, not as lovers) and they will always have a place in his heart, then it may not be a serious thing - just the way he communicates with people. But if you feel it's something that may develop into something more, then talk to him about it now, rather than later.

Checking up on anyone like this isn't a good sign of a healthy relationship.

Why do you think you are losing him? What else is going on besides these messages to his ex's?

We hope to hear back from you!