Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia

Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Autoimmune Disease Diagnosis

I've read many posts on different symptoms of autoimmune diseases (generalized pain, joint pain, muscle weakness, hair loss, rigidity, rashes, digestive changes) because I have them. Do I need to go to a doctor for a diagnosis and treatment? If so, what kind of specialist should I see?

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry you're feeling so unwell.

There is no one kind of doctor that specializes in all auto-immune diseases because there are so many.

However, an Immunologist, an RA specialist, a Lupus specialist or an blood specialist (hematologist)  can help. You get to get diagnosed first, and then move on to working with a specialist. The best place to start is likely to be your own doctor who can then refer you.

I hope you get some answers soon.