Baby Concierge: Would you try it?

Wow! This sounds great...if I only had more discretionary money to spend...

There are some companies cropping up that claim to be "full service baby planning for moms-to be", and they do everything from researching to baby-proofing to helping decorate the nursery: anything that a pregnant woman might need a hand with to prepare for her baby. They even help with gift registries, etiquette for baby showers, and can help with doctor referrals.

The baby planners are compared to wedding planners, which have become more popular. What do you think about this idea? Would you use this service, or recommend it to a friend?

(I have to share this: one company's motto that is funny/clever: "Enjoy your pregnancy...let us do the labor".)

I like the companies that come in and totally baby proof your house - that's a great thing.

But a baby concierge? Uh, I know we're all busy these days but that's kind of plain old lazy. Seriously, being a parent means YOU do this stuff, not hire it out to strangers! And I like to be in charge. If I'm going to plan it all, I may as well execute the plans myself. One can get a lot of personal satisfaction from it.

Sigh - some people have too much money :)

Being a parent (in my opinion) is the hardest and most rewarding thing a person can do. And handing off the hard stuff and keeping the fun stuff takes away from it all.

(But what I wouldn't give for a housekeeper once a week)

I don't agree with the above post. Being a new mom can be overwhelming, especially if you are moving to a new area. I would have welcomed any help I could have gotten regarding Pediatrician recommendations, researching products and helping me register. I think it is a GREAT idea!

While I think it's a fantastic option, I'm a do-it-yourselfer and think I would enjoy all the activities associated with babyproofing, decorating, etc., says someone who has never had to do it.

To me, the hard part comes AFTER labor.