Bacterial Vaginosis and urethra pain

Hello, I was diagnosed with BV today after a vaginal swab last week. What prompted me to go get tested was an increase in discharge. Two days ago (3 days after the swab) I started having a slight burning sensation in my vagina, NOT when I urinated, just a very slight burny feeling all over my vagina. Then this morning I woke up with my urethra hurting so bad I couldn't go back to sleep, and it burned (and hurt a little) when I peed. I drank a whole bottle of water and I took an AZO UTI relief pill, just to help relieve some of the pain (which turned my pee orange but DID NOT alleviate my symptoms), and have been drinking a lot of water since and haven't had any burning with urination since this morning, but throughout the day I have felt like my urethra was burning and hurting a little. My trich, gonorrhea, and chlamydia tests were negative, by the way. But I am wondering if BV can cause problems with your urethra? Some websites say it can affect all parts of the genital area, including the urethra, but others say that it doesn't, the main symptom is smelly discharge. I just need to know if I should go back to the doctor to have a urinalysis done also.

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Bacterial vaginosis is a mild infection of the vagina.

You actually may also have a UTI that is undiagnosed. UTIs are very uncomfortable and need treatment as they can lead to a kidney infection. 

I recommend you return to the doctor to be checked for a urinary tract infection.

Bacterial Vaginosis