By September 12, 2011 - 7:38am

I have a really hard time taking my birth control, and I don't use any other method of birth control and luckily never have gotten pregnant. Oral contraceptives make me extremely queasy and have had to have them switched 3 times. Since I am on antibiotics a lot, and right now, I usually stop taking my birth control while im on antibiotics, somtimes for months at a time. I really want to know the other forms of Birth Control since my doctor has not explained them to me, she only told me about the shot.
Also, how can I make it easier on myself to take my birth control in the meanwhile?

Hi sysy92

I wrote an article about the various methods of birth control out there that has helped many - you can check it out here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/birth-control-what-works-what-doesn-t-and-what-s-best-you

I hope it helps!

As for as how to remember to take your Pill - this where being a responsible adult comes in! Taking the Pill is something you have to do once a day. If it's too hard to remember, set an alarm clock on your phone/computer/home appliances - whatever works for you. Or - take it with a chosen meal every day. Women have to take responsibility for themselves and their bodies and forgetting birth control causes pregnancy. Therefore, if the Pill is your current choice, you have to make the effort to remember.

Thanks for writing!