birth control and plan b

By September 16, 2010 - 12:47am

alright ive read alot about girls worrying about being late after plan b
me and my bf had sex on friday the condom broke and we stopped, i hadn't missed a birth control pill, and i took the plan b within 16 hours, now i took the plan b on saturday and didnt take my last bc pill, my period was to start the sunday after i took plan b. it is now wednesday and i usually get it wednesday morning, it is way past that and no period. has anyone acutally gotten their period after taking plan b and being late. all i need ot know

Hi lindy_5

From what I gather from your post: you had sex using a condom (that broke) but you are also taking the birth control pill? So you took Plan B as an additional precaution? If this is correct, there was no need to take Plan B. That medication is for emergencies only - and is not to be taken while a person is on the pill.

Therefore you may be late because your cycle has been changed due to being on the Pill and taking Plan B (also a "Pill").

If I am incorrect in interpreting your question, let me know and I can help you further, but from what I am reading, your liklihood of pregnancy is very low but you may have changed your cycle due to taking Plan B when you should not have.

I hope to hear back from you!