Birth control for extreme cramps worsened my anxiety. Options?

I've been on Tri Lo Sprintec for about 3 months now for severe cramps. It took awhile for my body to even out , but by the second month my cramps were completey gone- somethingI haven't experienced since I was 13 years old. Unfortunately, it has really messed with my mental health. I have anxiety and depression, and have been on medicine for that regularly for a very long time now. It was under control before I started the BC, and now it's haywire and awful. What options do I have to control cramps without gambling on different birthcontrol pill?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community for help.

Did you speak with your gynecologist and the physician who has been prescribing medication to control your symptoms associated with anxiety?

What medication are you taking to treat anxiety and depression? I am wondering if there may be a negative interaction between the two drugs.

I did find information on the website, Drugs. com that states "Carefully observe women with a history of depression and discontinue Tri-Lo-Sprintec if depression recurs to a serious degree." and that anxiety and insomnia are two reported adverse side effects associated with Tri-Lo-Sprintec.

Anxiety Guide