Is birth control good for my hair?

I thought I read that birth control can make your hair look healthier, fuller and shinier - true?

I have not heard this before. I think the thinking is that since menopause can cause hair to become thin or brittle (due to a lack of estrogen), then birth control, containing estrogen, may do the opposite.

But there's no proof of this. A healthy diet and good hair products would be a better bet. I think soaking and then wrapping your hair once a week with warm olive oil and letting it stay in for an hour (over overnight) can be quite effective.

Thanks for writing and good luck!