birth control? missing 2 pills the 1st week but not in a row.

I'm on birth control pills I started my 2nd pack on July 25 I miss 1 pill day 4 july 28 and I miss one pill day 8 july 30 I had sex with my husband on August 3 which according to Mymonthlycycle chart I ovulated on July 31 thru August 4 my last AF was july 20 I'm a 28 day cycle. Could I be pregnant?
I had a miscarriage 3 months ago at 17 weeks and the reason I'm taking birth control is beacuse I'm afraid to get pregnant again and have another miscarriage.

Thank you

thank you for your help.
have a wonderful weekend.

I have another questions I miss my last pill july 30 and took it the next day I started having some spotting with cramping today August 6 I have no more spotting but I'm having cramping is that normal I'm not due with my AF until August 17.

Thanks Jerri

Hi again Jerri!

I'm so glad that you have a very supportive family and community - it makes such a difference, doesn't it?

If you made up your missed pill the next day, then you should still be protected as long as you take your usual pill that day too, meaning you would have taken your missed pill and usual pill on July 31st. Is this what you did? If so, then you should be fully protected.

Your spotting could be a fluke (to be honest, it can also be implantation bleeding) but your risk is very low - as low as if you didn't miss your pill. Your cramping could be gas, or also stress. You'd be amazed at the symptoms we get when we are afraid we are pregnant/have cancer/have a disease for it to end up being nothing at all. Our minds are incredibly powerful and sometimes more powerful than our bodies. You can take a test for pregnancy by August 12th or 13th (I know that probably seems ages away but it's less than a week!)

Again, your risk is very low.

And please remember that the vast majority of women who have a miscarriage go on to have as many babies as they wish! I think many of the mothers here on EmpowHer can attest to that. For now, you may need a few months off to recover emotionally but don't be afraid to try for a baby again when you're ready!

Please update us as soon as you can and let me know if you have any more spotting.

even if I took them the next day do you think I could get pregnant?

Hi! susan
Yes, I'm blessed to have great friends and family and a wonderful church community.
about the miscarriage I'm just afraid that it will happen again.
about my pills
I did take my miss pill the next at night. I take my pills everynight between 8pm to 10pm.

about my ovulation according to the calendar was August 3 but it gives between 3 to 4
thank you

Hi Jerri

Welcome to EmpowHer!

Firstly, I'd like to offer our condolences to you on your miscarriage - 17 weeks is well into your pregnancy and it must have been devastating for you - I hope you (and your husband) have a good support system around you - do you?

As to your missed pills - any time a woman misses her Pill, she raises her risk of pregnancy, especially if she has sex around the time of ovulation (ovulation does not last four days, in general, but those four days would probably be your window) so you may be at a higher risk.

Can you explain a little why you think you may have another miscarriage - are you at high risk for this? Or are you just scared because of what happened (which is very normal, by the way).

You didn't mention if you made up your Pills or not - did you?

If you can update me a little bit on some of my questions, I'd love to help you further...