Birth control pills

By Anonymous February 22, 2016 - 12:24pm

I've taken pills 2 months straight now with no break, in first pack I missed one just outside 12 hours but made up for it right away and on the 2nd pack I took one last week 3 hours late and had unprotected sex that day, this was now 5 days ago can I stop my pills tomorrow or will I continue on for another week? Will stopping tomorrow mean I could get pregnant? Please help

Basically, you need to determine if yuo are already pregnant. If it's been at least 6 days since unprotected sex and/or missed pill, and your test results are negative, then you are good.

Thanks for the reply. No I am wondering if I could get pregnant from the unprotected sex 5 days ago if I stop them tomorrow? I won't be having sex again any time soon so I don't need to worry about that it's from the sex previous, I am going on holidays next week so I would prefer to get my period this week rather than next week and I am also quite worried I won't get it?

HI Anon,

Thank you for your question.

Yes. You will get pregnant if you stop your birth control pills and have unprotected sex.
I'm wondering why you want to stop? They are something that you take continuously to be effective.

Be well,