Birth Control Pills

Hi there. I use birth control pills to regulate my period. (I did have intercourse last month, however, but we used a condom and I got my period and everything was fine so I can't be pregnant) this month I haven't been great at taking my pills on time though, I usually take them at 9 but I forgot one and had to take it the next day with my regular 9 o'clock pill and then yesterday I forgot another so I had to Take it this afternoon when I remembered. I know this is hard on my body and I've noticed I'm spotting a little bit. My question is, am I spotting from my irregular pill taking schedule? I wrote at the beginning about the intercourse and how I can't be pregnant and I know it's impossible. I've never missed pills this much before so I'm just curious of the reason why I'm spotting is because of how irregular my schedule is?

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Pregnancy is not an issue - you had a period after, are on the Pill and used a condom.

What kind of birth control pills are you using? If you are on the progestin only pills (the mini pill) then spotting can happen pretty quickly when you are late or miss a pill). You made up your pills correctly and you were too late in taking them and making them up. However, some women are very sensitive to hormones and will spot pretty quickly even when on the combined pills.

If you don't spot when you take your pill on time every day and then spot when you do, then it's your body's reaction to missing the pills. Setting a timer on your phone or laptop or watch etc can help avoid taking pills late.