Birth control pills and spotting

By May 18, 2016 - 4:11am

This is my third month taking birth control pills. I am on my last active week and I've started to experience a little of light brown spotting on random days. Next week is my placebo pills. I do not think it is a pregnancy symptom because i take birth control pills, he uses a condom, and he pulls out. I think the way I could only get pregnant if their was sperm on his hands?is that possible? I just got Scarlet Fever and have been taking antibiotics. I haven't had sex since I started the antibiotics. I am guessing the antibiotics might be messing with the birth control pills which is causing the light brown spotting? Is that possible?

Hi Coco123456

Pregnancy should not be an issue - the spotting may be due to the antibiotics as you said. You'll probably get your bleeding as usual. Some (not all) antibiotics can interfere with the effectiveness of birth control - check to see if yours does. Generally the risk is not high. Since you are also using condoms, there's really nothing to worry about and "sperm on the hand" is a question we get often but that's never really an issue.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/infertility-fertility/content/birth-control-pill-and-antibiotics-better-use-back