birthcontrol mistake possible pregnancy. advice?

By May 3, 2012 - 12:08pm

I missed the last 4 active pills in my birthcontrol pack. Had a normal period the length of the " sugar" pills. So in total that is 11 days with out active pills. Time to start a new pack. I missed pill 1 week 1. Have unprotected sex days later. Then missed the following nights pill. Pill4 week 1. A week later I am experiencing mild cramping that comes and goes, nipple soreness, headaches and I'm starting to get acne on my face. My period is not due for 18 more days. Anyone have a similar story leading to pregnancy, or advice?

Well I had my period on time last month. During the sugar pills.

HERWriter Guide (reply to polishprincess56)

I know.

But then you said you had missed pills the next cycle (this current one) and had unprotected sex again. Therefore you are risking pregnancy again.

Hi PolishPrincess

It sounds like your bleeding is due to the many missed pills. If you are then having sex without precautions and then not making up missed pills, then you are definitely at risk for pregnancy.

Is there a reason you are missing pills so much and then not using condoms? It's a good idea to set an alarm on your phone or something like that so you won't forget. Or the pill just may not be a good option for you but there's not need to not use a condom - always keep them handy!

You need to keep taking your pills. If you are worried about pregnancy, then you can take a test two weeks after the LAST time you had unprotected sex.

Good luck to you!