Q: 

Bla

By March 5, 2017 - 3:21am

On Feb 20 I took plan b and on March 1 I've been having bleeding first it was pink then red now dark brown to black. Not heavy at all fills half a pad maybe, in a day. Moderate cramping on and off maybe half as strong as my cycle. This is day 5 and I didn't bleed at all the second day. Could this coloration be due to the plan b pill? Should I be worried?

Guide

Hi, Dria.

Thank you for your post.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many or a few or none. It can cause your periods to be early or late, have a lighter or heavier flow, so be aware of this. What you are experiencing with Plan B seems normal to me.

Helena

Emergency Contraception