Black Blood Spots on the nipple

By October 3, 2010 - 8:15pm

I am 29 years old, not pregnant and tonight I noticed black spots on my nipple. At first I only noticed one that was really dark and I thought it was a black head. I squeezed it and it was dark maroon blood. It wasn't a lot that came out but enough to make me check around. I ended up finding more on both nipples. When I squeezed each one, it wasn't a lot of blood, just a dot or two for the smaller ones. I don't have insurance so I'm doing a little research to see if this is normal. My period ended about 2 weeks ago and the other day had rougher sex that actually caused me to start spotting. I don't recal my husband being rough with my nipples, but I do know they were getting extra attention from him. Could that be the reason?

This has happened to me too.. but I don't think it was from a hickey or anything.. if I think of anything I'll let you know because I am very curious myself..

Hi leisenhower

Thanks for your post and welcome!

If your husband is being rough in your breast.nipple area, he may in fact, be giving you "hickeys" of the nipple, so to speak. This happens quite easily (babies can do it a lot!) as the nipple area is very sensitive and prone to these kinds of marks.

It may also be a kind of black head problem (from clothing, oil, sweat, ingrown hair) that has blood underneath, as seen in many regular spots/blackheads/acne cases.

Think back over what went on during sex and also see how quickly the healing process is. If they are "hickeys", it should be pretty fast. And please put a call into your do not see a correlation here or still remain unsure as to their origin.

I hope this helps you!

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide