Boils

Boils Guide

ask: black boil popped, bled alot and left a deep hole

Is it normal for a boil to get hard and turn black? I put a bandaid on it and when i checked it again, it had popped and was really bloody. My boyfriend pulled the core out and we treated it with peroxide and neosporin. It bled alot and the hole was real deep.

Anonymous,

I don't want to scare you-- but you need to go to the doctor or hospital if you had a boil that turned black. This could be a staph infection or it can be (MRSA) Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus. 

Please cover the area where the boil burst, don't let anyone touch it, and go to the doctor immediately. 

Best of luck,

Rosa

Anonymous (reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

Just to update you. The boil is healing and almost gone. I put a band aid on it before it popped and when i took the band aid off, my skin came off and left a sore. The sore is more a problem now than the boil. Then I treated the sore with neosporin and covered it. Took that band aid off and pulled off more of my skin on my stomach. Why?? I have never had this problem before/

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Anonymous)

Dear Anonymous,

You need to see a doctor about this boil-- it is not a good idea to keep poking at it.

Good Luck,

Rosa

Do you suffer from springtime allergies?: