Bled After Being Fingered? Help!

By March 15, 2016 - 4:52pm

I'm new here and this is probably an odd question to ask for someone who just arrived in this site, but I am really worried. I usually don't talk openly about my sex life but I feel like this is the best way I can explain why I'm worried. I'm going to try to be as descriptive as possible, and I hope I don't overwhelm any of you.

So only last month, I lost my virginity to my boyfriend and all of the sex that has happened were with protection. I don't remember when I had my period on February, however the vague memory of having a really light menstruation happened earlier in the month before I even had any sexual intercourse whatsoever. Now, it's March and I'm freaking out. Since I don't exactly know when I last bled, it's kind of hard to figure out when I will be having my period this month.

3 days ago (I think), I have been thinking about the possibility that my period might be coming soon but instead I'm getting these slimy, brown, blood discharges that don't really come out unless I pee or if I get sexually aroused, get wet and I urinate, then I would see the blood discharges. Since it's not like a constant flow of blood like an actual period, I can go out without even wearing a pad or worry about staining my underwear with blood.

I talked to my boyfriend about it and we are worried because we don't really know what's happening since I don't have a lot of sexual experiences to know what's going on with me. For a while we pondered on the thought that I might be pregnant, but there's a little doubt in that because we did it with protection and the condom did not break whatsoever.

At first I thought it was kind of just the beginning of my period but for the next two days, it still kept doing that. Yesterday, my boyfriend fingered me and I didn't feel any pain whatsoever but when he took his finger out, it was a lot of bright blood. We were so happy for a second there thinking that I was actually on my period that's why it got really bloody and so I was overjoyed and kind of glad that i am actually bleeding, as weird as that sounds.

The blood gushed out a good amount for a while, it was a strong flow after he did what he did. I didn't feel any pain inside while he was doing it that felt like a scrape or a scratch, and so I actually thought that he kind of triggered something inside that caused all the menstrual bleeding to finally happen. I got home and cleaned up, unfortunately, after I did, I found out that the bleeding was temporary and that it only looked like I was constantly bleeding because I haven't cleaned up.

So now, I'm back to the blood discharge circus, except that the blood is somewhat lighter and brighter than the darker brown blood discharges that I had. Every once in a while, I find slimy bright blood discharges on the tissue after I urinate.

I haven't had any symptoms of me PMSing or me being in pain whatsoever inside of my vagina that I know of. Anyone have answers or have any related experience? I am extremely worried and I would like to know what's going on.

Just an update...

I'm going to assume it's been over a month or at least close since the first time i've had sex with my boyfriend. My spotting or whatever it is has stopped and is going even slower.

Other than being tired (because i haven't had enough sleep lately), i don't really experience any pregnancy symptoms like vomiting , nausea, or breast tenderness.
I'm just extremely worried on what's going on with my body. I haven't taken the test. I'm kind of scared to.

I never really had an ongoing period, not even light. Just having those discharges from time to time. While i was cleaning myself today, i found a really brown mucus of blood and that was it but i have been discharging bright red blood every time i urinated for yesterday and the day before.

I need more answers. Getting more worried as they days go by. :(

HERWriter Guide (reply to SunniQ)

Hi again!

You need to take that test. Not all women vomit or have any kind of symptoms.

There is really no point in looking for answers because you will have one once you take a test! Go and do one and you'll feel a lot better!

Thanks for replying Susan!

I found out today that I am bleeding but my period is not strong enough to actually flow and show itself like how it has been. I'm used to heavy periods. So this is new to me. Is this normal? When i wore a tampon it absorbed blood. So i'm assuming I'm on my period and never realized. It's because in the past few days i wore a pad and the period is too slow and light to actually be obvious.

I'll take the test to make sure!

Even better is that I found out my mother is on her period. Usually I get on my period a few days before she starts so I'm happy to know that I am bleeding in a time period that I should be bleeding. I'm assuming I have a scanty period and that I shouldn't stress so much about the pregnancy thing or else it will mess up my period cycle even more. Thank you so much!

Hi SunniQ

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

It does sound like your period is on it's way, albeit very slowly. Some months can be like this, even out of the blue A pregnancy test would be accurate by now if you want to take one to ease your mind (if you are concerned about that) but since you are having protected sex (good for you!) then pregnancy should not be an issue.

If your period does not come on properly or continues like this next month as this could be a hormonal imbalance that coincidentally started as you became sexually active. I get a feeling your period is going to start properly tomorrow.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/menstrual-cycle

Thank you! This makes me feel better. Still kind of scared because my period is extremely slow. I can still go a day without a pad and still have blood discharges. It's extremely slow. I hope it really just is hormonal imbalances.