Bleeding 5 days after EC, can this tell me I'm likely not pregnant?

Well, I recently got quite a scare. On Jun 15, my bf and I had sex, but the condom broke. We noticed the second it happened, so he pulled out immediately; he did not finish. He had peed beforehand and washed very well, something I asked him to do because I learned that people who use the pull-out method as a form of protection do this, and I am pretty much very obsessive in being extra-careful. (I was on birth control for 9 months, but had bad reactions to estrogen, so I was waiting for my period to get in July to get an IUD).

Since I knew that there was a huge chance that his pre-c*m had gotten inside me, and that I may or may not have been going through my fertile days (I used to be extremely irregular before taking BC, but since I stopped taking it on May, I had gotten my period on the 9th of May, and my next period on the 5th of June; this made me think that my cycle was getting back on track), I decided to take EC. I took it 2-3 hours after the incident. 4-5 days later, I had withdrawal bleeding, but I did not spot, on the contrary, it felt like my period since it was extremely heavy, I bled steadily for about 4 to 5 days and I had clots (my period has always been very heavy, with clots, cramps, etc).

Now, I'm still nervous about the whole ordeal. I gained weight after taking the EC, and I still haven't gotten my period, and this makes me nervous. I can't take a pregnancy test because I'm currently on vacation and my family is quite big, so it would be very stressful for me to sneak to the store and get one. Until then, I guess I just want a bit of peace of mind. My question is if the bleeding that I had, which seemed like a period to me, can kind of confirm, or make it extremely unlikely, that I am indeed pregnant? Thank you so much, this site has helped me through a lot.

Hi DL91

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER!

Since you had 5 days of period-like bleeding, it's probably not possible to be pregnant. This kind of bleeding means the lining of the uterus has been shed. When that happens a woman can't be pregnant.

Additionally, emergency birth control is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours and pre-ejaculate doesn't often contain pre-ejaculate, that's a bit of a myth. If a man has urinated before sex then there is no pre-ejaculate. Additionally, there was no actual ejaculation. Pregnancy is not likely at all.

Thank you so much for your reply.

So should I take that bleeding as my period? As of today, I still haven't had my period, according to the box I was supposed to get my period a week after or before July 5th, but it is the 18th and I still haven't had any bleeding. Is this normal? Should I then expect it on the 20th or 21th of this month since that's when I had the heavy bleeding on June after taking the pill? I feel crampy, usually when I know my period is coming, but this is worrying me.

Please, I am extremely confused.