Bleeding after taking plan B

By Anonymous April 5, 2012 - 8:55am

Dear whoever is reading this;
I just got off the pills because I was on them in order to make my periods regular. The first month after stopping them, I got my period on time. But on the first day after it ended (day 6 of my cycle), I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke. I took Plan B 2-3 hours later. Three days later (day 9 of my cycle), I began getting PMS and in the evening had light bleeding. Today I'm on day 13 of my cycle and for the past few days I've had regular bleeding (not very heavy). I'm wondering if it's possible that I get period 4 days after my actual period or if this is breakthrough bleeding.

Thanks for your help

Hi Hannah

In this case, your bleeding could be breakthrough bleeding due to stopping the pill, or you period or a side effect from taking Plan B. There is no way to tell which it is.

Sorry we can't be of more help!