Bleeding from anal?

By December 13, 2012 - 11:03am

About a month back I had some issues with my pee burning when I went, towards the end it would just sting. But that stopped, after that though, also about a month ago every time I would go to poop, when I'd wipe there'd be a very small about of medium colored blood on the toilet paper. I didn't think much of it since when I pooped sometimes it would be really hard and I thought maybe there was a small scratch/rip there or something. Then there started to be a little more blood, not a whole lot mind you, but a bit more. Then today I went to the bathroom and hen I pooped small drips, very small, dropped onto the water in the toilet after I pooped. There was also a bit more blood on the toilet paper.

I've heard this could be colon cancer... Or a hemroid. I don't know what to think. I'm a healthy girl. 18 and currently sexually active but my boyfriends clean. Descriptive feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you again.

I am not having anal sex, but thank you! Do you know if a good stool softener that would help? The name I'm referring to.

HERWriter Guide (reply to khj5991)

Hi again!

Any stool softener is ok in general, ask the pharmacist. I use the pharmacy's own brand, myself because the ingredients are the exact same as brand names (I think Duloclax is one). Take two or three a day and it makes it much easier to go. Try not to strain if you can help it and adding tons of fiber will really help too.

If you do all this and are still bleeding, do see a doctor. Are you every itchy there too? That's another sign of hemorrhoids. It's also possible to feel the veins too, but some are internal.

Good luck.

Hi khj

If you are having anal sex, then bleeding could be from rough sex since the anus is created in such a way that the muscles push out, not in - this is why anal sex can hurt or one can bleed.

One of the most common reasons for bleeding is hemorrhoids so this could be the case with you. Using lots of fiber in your diet as well as a stool softener will help a lot.

However, it's a good idea to have this checked with your doctor so you can get a diagnosis and start treatment. Colon cancer would be unusual with someone your age but persistent anal bleeding needs to be checked.