bleeding just 2 days during period

By June 27, 2014 - 5:55am

I'm 29. My periods are regular(28 days) and usually I bleed for 4 days. But sometimes I bleed only 2 days during my periods. This happens once or twice during the year. Could you please let me know why does this happen?

Hi empower! 

There is likely no specific reason why this happens, maybe a hormonal change or change in body chemistry a few times of year that causes a shorter period. 

It's not uncommon -some women bleed 7 full days and then once every four or five months (if they are lucky!) they are all done in four days! 

There is nothing to worry about.

I hope this eases your mind,

Ah! I am relieved now :) Thanks for your reply :)