Bleeding on Nexplanon?

I have had my Nexplanon for 5, almost 6 months now, and I did not bleed for the first month at all. After the first month I bled every day for 4 months straight. This past Saturday, the bleeding had stopped all together. I have had some light pink spotting or brown blood for the past few days, so I took 2 high-end pregnancy tests and both tests came out with the results of Not Pregnant. Is this bleeding pattern normal? Is it likely for me to be pregnant?

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

NEXPLANON is a hormone-releasing birth control implant for use by women to prevent pregnancy for up to 3 years. The number one most common side effect women experience is changes in their menstrual cycle. You may experience longer or short bleeding or have no bleeding at all. And you may also experience spotting, which it sounds like you have.

Nexplanon Side Effects

However, if your bleeding is heavy and/or prolonged, you should notify your health provider right away.

I hope this helps.

~Be well,