Bleeding shows from bottom end of tampon

I recently started my period. I think that the stress started it. I am 46 years old. Before that I didn't have a period for two months. I still have some cramps and I am on my third day. It usually stops after the first day. I also noticed that blood was only showing from the bottom of the tampon, and on one side. I did shower and clean myself there before putting a tampon in. Is that normal? I have never seen that before!

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Bleeding like this is not unusual at all, it happens to many women. As for missing a period, being 46 you may be entering perimenopause and starting to miss periods or have irregular ones. They also may be lighter (or even heavier with clotting- there is no rhyme or reason to menopause!).

It might be an idea to have your hormones levels checked to see if you are entering perimenopause or even beginning actual menopause.

Do you have any other symptoms of either?

Check here for more info on both, including signs and symptoms as well as living through both-