ask: Bleeding in third week of active pills?

I'm 48 years old and take the Lo Ovral to regulate my cycle and for ovarian cysts (not for birth control). I had been on Cryselle 28 day for years, but this past July the manufacturer fell behind and I had to switch to another generic, Lo Ogestrel 28. I had regular cycles and periods until November, when I was under a lot of stress and skipped a month. So I'm in my third week of active pills, with three to go, and last night I started bleeding just a little and cramping. I have never had this happen before. I have taken my pill every day; the only thing is a few days I took it two or three hours later than usual. My doctor's office said not to worry, but I am scared. Should I stop taking the pill and just let this "period" run its course and then start a new pack or what?

I'd go with your doctor's advice for now - some women do experience unexpected breakthrough bleeding on the Pill and it may be linked to your month off.

If you continue to bleed after a week or it becomes worse, I think it's a good idea to call you doctor again. And if you don't feel it's normal, then your doctor needs to listen to you.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: