Q: 

Bleeding two days after sex

By June 27, 2015 - 1:31pm

Hello, well, I'm 21 and two days ago, on Thursday, I had sex for the first time. It was protected, he wore a condom, and ejaculated outside; we also checked the condom if it had tore but it was okay. On Wednesday however, we fooled around a bit, and he had fingered me. When I got home I noticed that I had bled a bit, it was brownish, I thought it was my period but I didn't bleed after that. I'm thinking it may have been my hymen. On Thursday, after he had penetrated me, I noticed a small amount of blood on my thigh, and I assumed this was what was left of my hymen. Today, two days later, I bled quite a bit, bright red, and I'm getting a bit worried as to what caused it. I heard about impregnantion bleeding but I actually thought this was the beginning of my period, however, too early. I'm afraid that is the reason, and I'm also afraid that since this was my first time, blunt trauma could be the reason why I am bleeding. Is it normal to bleed two days after sex? Should I be worried that I'm pregnant? I'm thinking of seeing my doctor on Monday but I want not to stress too much over this. Thank you.

Anonymous

Me and my boy friend got a little high and he went a little in me for the first time. I was due that day but didn't have my period. But I got it 2days after sex. It lasted 3days like always but blessed heavily the first day.

Anonymous

hlo ..i have to do protective sex with my bf..i have to know that is blood comes while we doing sex with condom ??...or with without condom??

Anonymous

I have sex with my girlfriend it was protected but condom was broke she had bleeding after 2 days of sex bleeding was just normal as her periods but she has already gone through her periods week before

didn't it bleed during sex?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The concern is why did she bleed for two days if her period ended the week before. She needs to speak with her gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I'm on the pill religiously. He didn't ejaculate inside but outside and some dribbled down however now I'm bleeding heavily. I don't usually start my period during my birth control since my period only happens four times a year. What could this mean?

Anonymous

I got my period last dec31 , and had an unprotected sex with my boyfriend last january 2,7,14 and 21 . and now im bleeding . i dont know if its my period because past few days some whitish and brownish came out before my bleeding . please help

Anonymous

I had protected sex on tuesday he wore a condemn. Yesturday he tried to finger me but i was bleeding it doesnt hurt or anything. It is still bleeding and I know its not my period because I had my period about a week and a half ago. I did bleed a little after sex but it wasn't a lot.

Anonymous

I had a sex without condom on 12 April and used ipill to protect from pregnancy and after a week my girlfriend is bleeding. Is this symptoms of pregnancy?

Guide

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.
The spotting is not related to the hymen. The hymen widens after having intercourse for the first time, but does not come off, bleed, or become permanently damaged.
Spotting can happen at any time during the month. It is simply old blood from uterus. It is no cause for alarm. Sometimes having sex can jolt the blood enough for it to come out, but it does not indicate damage.
The brighter red bleeding indicates your period is trying to come a bit early. But since your body is not fully ready to shed the whole uterine lining you only bleed a little while.
You mentioned that you "are protected." If you are using birth control of some kind, the spotting means that you need a birth control with stronger hormonal dosage in order to prevent spotting between periods.
In conclusion, pregnancy is not possible because of the birth control methods you used. Also, periods do not need to be exactly on time or consistent in order for you to be healthy. Most women would not have a regular period without some kind of hormonal treatment such as birth control, this is just fine. So there is no need to panic.
Faith