blisters and open sores...

By Anonymous March 1, 2015 - 10:41am

I'm only 17 and I have some blisters and open sores on my genitial area...I'm so afraid to tell my mom because she knows I'm sexually active. I want to see a gynecologist so I know for a fact what it is. Can I go and see a gyno by myself even though I'm under 18?

To see your doctor, you will probably need a copy of your insurance bill and money for a co-pay or be able to pay in full at that time.  

If you can do this, I think you're fine but you can call your doctor first to make sure.  Doctor's offices have their own procedures they follow. 

You can also go to a general health clinic like Planned Parenthood but you will need to pay. 

It sounds like may you have a sexually transmitted infection like herpes - there is no cure for this and you need treatment. That should be your priority now so you can get better.  Do not have sex with anyone until you see a doctor as you will be highly contagious. 

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide