Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

blisters and open sores...

By Anonymous March 1, 2015 - 10:41am
Rate This

I'm only 17 and I have some blisters and open sores on my genitial area...I'm so afraid to tell my mom because she knows I'm sexually active. I want to see a gynecologist so I know for a fact what it is. Can I go and see a gyno by myself even though I'm under 18?

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

To see your doctor, you will probably need a copy of your insurance bill and money for a co-pay or be able to pay in full at that time.  

If you can do this, I think you're fine but you can call your doctor first to make sure.  Doctor's offices have their own procedures they follow. 

You can also go to a general health clinic like Planned Parenthood but you will need to pay. 

It sounds like may you have a sexually transmitted infection like herpes - there is no cure for this and you need treatment. That should be your priority now so you can get better.  Do not have sex with anyone until you see a doctor as you will be highly contagious. 



March 1, 2015 - 2:41pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Get Email Updates

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!