Is a bloating/gassy feeling after sex normal?

By June 18, 2009 - 3:25pm

Hi,
I'm 17-years-old and I had intercourse for the very first time today with my boyfriend...and yes, we did used a condom. Now, about 3 hours after we had sex, I feel gassy, a crampy and a little bloated. The gass is actually very painful at times. Is this normal? As for my cycle, incase thats what is causing my discomfort, its about 32 or 33 days and I'm on day 25 or 26.
Please help.
Thanks!

Anonymous
Hi I'm 17 years old and I recently lost my virginity last weekend. My boyfriend was protected with a condom and he is 100% sure he didnt come inside of me. Right after it happened my stomach felt weird. The next day I've been feeling bloated and really gassy,like burping a whole bunch and then started feeling cramping and i been really stessing me out! Every time I look up my symptoms it says early pregancy. I've been feeling bloated/full and gassy since Saturday. My period should be coming next weekened. I'm really scared I need help !
Thanks

Anonymous

Hey I had protected sex not sure if the condom didnt break on the 12th of March and got my period on the 13th of March, it was pretty heavy the first 2 days but medium to light the other 2 days, but since my period ended I have been bloated, gassy, tummy burning sensation, constipated and burping ever since, am worried that am pregnant my next period is due on the 12 of April am I pregnant?

Anonymous

I had sex for the first time three days ago. He wore a condom but came inside of me. He checked the condom after for holes and he told me that the condom didn't break. Since the day we had sex, i've felt bloated and gassy and had some cramping in my lower abdomen. I'm seventeen and absolutely terrified. All of my friends have said that I shouldn't worry if the condom didn't break, but I am looking for a professional opinion. thank you!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should have been protected because your partner wore a condom and it did not fail.

Stress and anxiety could be the reasons you are feeling bloated, gassy and having some lower abdominal cramping.

Regards,

Anonymous

My boyfriend and I had sex 3 days ago (protected) the condom did not rip or slip he says he is 100% sure he didn't come in me that he pulled out and came in the Condom but I've been feeling bloated I don't know if that's normal but I'm really scared I'm worried because it was a day after I ended my period I should get my period April 6 please help I'm worried !!

Hello Anon

There is almost no pregnancy risk of you sued a condom and if there was no ejaculation.

You could be bloated for many reasons, including what you are eating. There is no reason to think you could be pregnant.

Anonymous

Im 16 and I had protected (with condom) sex with my boyfriend on the 5th of this month, I'm not sure when my last period was or when I am suppose to get it. But I feel bloated and my stomach kinda hurts, I also get cramps at the top of my stomach and near my vagina sometimes. I don't have vomiting, or any other symptom of pregnancy. I'm not sure if this is the problem but I was bloated a few days ago and so I took 6 tablets of vitamin c to try and get my period and it just got worse (no period) . I have no spotting and I'm pooping/peeing and eating regularly. My stomach is just really bloated, I haven't got my period yet and don't know when it will come and my stomach gets cramps sometimes. I'm so scared and I am super stressed about it and overthinking every 2 seconds please help me. We did use lubricant along with the lubed condom and we took it off once when it wasn't inside me to put a new condom on and he never ejaculated until later (into condom)

This could be a digestive complaint or even PMS. Your risk of pregnancy is only about 1-2% since you used a condom.

Hello I am 16 years old and I had protected sex with my boyfriend a day after I ended my period we used a condom and it didn't rip or slip he didn't come in me he pulled out and came inside the condom but I've been feeling bloated lately any idea what that may be I'm very scared please help !

Anonymous

I had protected sex with my bf a couple days ago. I am on the pill. Now I feel bloated and uncomfortable. Before he came, he pulled out just to be safe. Could I be pregnant? I am really anxious and scared