Is a bloating/gassy feeling after sex normal?

By June 18, 2009 - 3:25pm

Hi,
I'm 17-years-old and I had intercourse for the very first time today with my boyfriend...and yes, we did used a condom. Now, about 3 hours after we had sex, I feel gassy, a crampy and a little bloated. The gass is actually very painful at times. Is this normal? As for my cycle, incase thats what is causing my discomfort, its about 32 or 33 days and I'm on day 25 or 26.
Please help.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Hello in 26 years old and my husband and I had intercorse last night and he came inside me but when he did I felt very bloated. Is there that normal?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you ever felt this way before?

Anonymous

Hi....I'm 16 years old and me and my bf had sex for out first time. I did not bleed and afterwards I started to feel bloated and gassy. I'm a little scared

Hello Anon

It's not a rule that one bleeds after loss of virginity. We can't say why you are bloated or gassy; it may be due to your diet.

Anonymous

Hi
I had protected sex 1week ago four times in a row and since den m feeling bloating and even the very next day i had little spotting and was even suffering from severe urine pain.
Urine pain has reduced now but is still dere and bloating comes and goes but mostly its their.
Is there any problem ?
Pregnancy test is not done yet i will have it next week near my periods
But till then is their anything to worry?

Hello Anon

Thank you for your post.

We cannot say what is wrong but you need to see a doctor. You may have an infection that needs immediate treatment.

Hey, I'm 15 years old and I had sex with my boyfriend for he first time last night, I'm a little worried because the sex was unprotected, he did not cum inside me but I'm still worried, I woke up this morning with pain in my stomach and gas, I don't know what to do, I can't take a pregnancy test because I have no way of getting one, what do I do!?

Guide (reply to Anon101)

Hello Anon101,

When is your next period due to start? How long is your menstrual cycle? Do you know when you are or were due to ovulate?

If he didn't ejaculate inside of you, there is a good chance you did not become pregnant.

If you are not due to ovulated in the next five days, and did not ovulate yesterday, there is a better chance that you were not at any risk for becoming pregnant.

Anxiety and worrying are probably the reason you have stomach pain and feel bloated.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I'm dona , I had sex with my boyfriend 8 days ago unprotected and I started to spot 2 days ago . I been sleeping a lot and having a lot of sleeping discomfort and light cramps and spotting which ended today ..what should I do

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello dona,

The spotting may have been implantation bleeding. When is your next period due to start?

You could take an early response pregnancy test as early as five days before your period is due to start.

Regards,