Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary Tract Infection Guide

ask: blood and tissue in urine

I've had a UTI before and I know I have one now but I would like to know if it is normal for clumps of blood (looks like bloody tissue) to come out when I urinate. It seems like more than a normal amount comes out for a UTI. Could it be something more serious than a UTI?

Pat Elliott HERWriter Guide

Anon - Blood in the urine may be an indicator of a urinary tract infection. Blood and tissue, however, are not typical UTI symptoms. You should contact your doctor's office as soon as possible to investigate this further. Take care, Pat