Is blood clots during a nosebleed normal?

I am 21 and this morning my nose started bleeding. I bled for over 20 minutes, heavily, and the blood was bright red. About 15 mins into the nosebleed, i felt like something was stuck at the back of my nose/throat. When I lifted my head, I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out and it was a bright red blod clot. What's wrong with me?

Anonymous

Should I go back to the er if I can still feel blood going down my throat even though I'm sitting straight like they told me to do? I got packing in my nose because it wouldn't stop bleeding and it continues to drip, should I go back?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

When was the packing put in?

Yes, return to the ER if you still feel blood going down the back of your throat.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

It was put in this morning, but when I was laying on my back is called and told them I tasted blood going down throat so I was told to sit straight and I am but I still feel it and the dripping won't stop either.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Call the ER staff back. Report that you are still feeling blood going down the back of your throat in spite of sitting up. Ask if you should return now, or if you should wait another hour or so.

Regards,

Thank you for your help I will do that

Anonymous

Hi there my question dont concern me but my younger Brother out of no where he calls my name and asked me to "look at this ,is this bad when this happens "and as I look in the toilet there's a big blood clot in there (I mean big ) and as I questioned him he said " it felt like something in my nose and when i blew it it started to bleed and this came out" im stumped here and I need some advice/help please, .,.,. and also could it be caused by breathing concrete that he may be breathing from working construction (drilling some sort of holes so it would be concrete dust)is that maybe a possibillity ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am so glad you reached out to us. Your brother could be at risk because of working in construction and breathing in dust, concrete and who knows what else.

He needs to call his primary care physician and report this. It is not something to ignore. Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Anonymous

only a medical doctor or registered nurse can really tell you the answer to your question but it sounds pretty serious to me. Bleeding heavily for 20 minutes is frightening and insofar as the other writer is concerned, nausea can result from a nose bleed because you are probably swallowing back a lot of blood - this in itself is dangerous. You can't afford not to see a doctor. It's your life.

Anonymous

For the past month-month and a half i have been getting really bad mucus/flem build up in my sinus canal or built up stuck on my throat between my tonsils. Thing is it's very very sticky to where I can't swallow it or cough it up so I have to use tweezers or my fingers to reach in and pull it out. It's really sticky and stretchy plus very irritating. Don't have insurance with the new job yet so can't go to doctor. So I have no idea whyat is wrong with me. But this morning out of nowhere I started noticing blood in the built up flem/mucus.. Well I went and blew my nose I blew out a big clump of really dark blood. Well I thought it was done after that but I kept tasting blood and sure enough not even hr later there it was again. Another big clump of blood. This time some of the blood come draining down my nose. O yeah and blood only came from one side of nostrils. Well the clumps finally stopped but the blood is still draining down my throat and building up with the built up sticky flem/mucus. Also started getting the world's worst stomach pain. Felt like I got a bat to the belly a hundred times. Please please please any thoughts of what it may be would be very appreciated. Any ideas where I'll have a better idea on what to look up. I couldn't never find nothing online

My husband has the same problem, he has multiple myeloma a type of cancer, but I dont think this is happening because of it. Its horrible and annoying, I read that calkcium might help, check your calcium levels, its an idea, we have the same problems and the clots are getting huge.

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed Guide