Is blood clots during a nosebleed normal?

I am 21 and this morning my nose started bleeding. I bled for over 20 minutes, heavily, and the blood was bright red. About 15 mins into the nosebleed, i felt like something was stuck at the back of my nose/throat. When I lifted my head, I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out and it was a bright red blod clot. What's wrong with me?

Anonymous

Blood clots are completely normal when having a nose bleed. infact it's very healthy. Forming a blood clot is what makes the nose stop bleeding.

If you have regular nose bleeds however, I would ask the doctor for a blood test as you may have a mild blood disorder such as hemaphillia (when you have thinner than normal blood)

Anonymous

Don't worry when i was 13? I had nose bleeds every afternoon for a week and then one afternoon a large clot came out of my nose it hurt when it came out i thought it was a tumor or something. And after that I haven't had a nose bleed that was 7 years ago now.

Anonymous

when i was younger i would constantly get nose bleeds, and for me, they wouldnt stop until i pulled out what i called 'the blood booger' lol. basically every time my nose bled it would cause a massive clot and wouldnt stop until i removed it from my nose. i've done this countless times. i no longer get regular nose bleeds and don't remember the last time i felt a clot, but trust me it is perfectly normal.

Anonymous

I'm fourteen and I'm not sure what the clump of blood is. If you get nosebleeds because of allergies (me), try going to a sink and let the blood drip into that. Turn on the cold water and wipe away the blood. Cold water will slow it down after a while. It may take a few minutes for it to slow down. After it starts to slow down from the water, try and breathe through your nose. Try and get some water in the nostril to clear away the blood. Don't inhale the water. If you feel something in your nose, blow just enough to get it out. When it stops, keep using the cold water to clear your nose of blood. The nostril should then be clear and you should be able to breathe through it. Then get something with calcium and drink or eat it whatever it is you chose.
Follow these instructions in this order and it might possibly work. I believe some people have sensitive nostrils. If you are one of those people, I don't recommend it to you but if you are willing to try it then go ahead.

NO!!!! Don't blow your nose!!! The blood clot with release and much blood will be realeasef!

Anonymous

I have a 16 year old daughter over the last couple years she has been getting nose bleeds. I've taken her to the doctor, they told me it's just do the air and dry nasal. This started since she was 5 years old. However it's not every year when it does happen blood clots come out should I be concerned?

Anonymous

I had 5 separate nosebleeds today, and 3 of them were from one nostril. At the end of these, a huge blood clot came out, and the bleeding stopped instantly. I also spit up a rather large blood clot that was mixed with mucous this morning. What should i do?

this would happen to me often as well. my problem was picking my nose too much lol. if you keep picking the scab before it's healed then you will continue to bleed. you may also just have naturally thinner skin in your nostrals - my boyfriends sister has had to get multiple surgeries to burn the skin in her nose because she can physically not stop bleeding once she is cut.
you seem to be able to stop bleeding however, so my advice would just to keep your fingers out of your nose for a while lol

Anonymous

I've only had three nose bleeds so far all spaced out within several months from late September to today, always from one side. Usually there would be some bleeding until a blood clot would come out then it would stop. I have never had them before so I thought that because I would find a clot afterwards it was unusual. At first I thought my first one, was because of the birth control I had started taking for the first time but as I am not taking them anymore due to a reaction I had, I know that's not the case. I've reminded myself that if I end up having another I'll be making an appointment with a Dr.

Anonymous

I'm 23 and last night I felt like I had mucus stuck in my throat but I'm not sick so when I cleared it my nose began to bleed for about 10 minutes. Then I finally got it to stop. Then again this morning I was getting ready to leave and my nose began to bleed again and it bled for 20 minutes even coming out of my mouth, then a blood clot as long as my middle finger came out. I finally got it to stop after an additional 10 minutes. And I have been experiencing dizziness and headaches for a week. And I'm also anemic, I don't if that has anything to do with it. But I really want to know what is wrong with me. Can anyone help?

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :