Q: 

Is blood clots during a nosebleed normal?

I am 21 and this morning my nose started bleeding. I bled for over 20 minutes, heavily, and the blood was bright red. About 15 mins into the nosebleed, i felt like something was stuck at the back of my nose/throat. When I lifted my head, I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out and it was a bright red blod clot. What's wrong with me?

Anonymous

Hey so I never have nose bleeds but yesterday after a normal day at work when I got home my nose just started dripping with blood I had a towel there and after 2 mins I pull out s massive blood clot my nose was bleeding for only about 5 mins but like I said this doesn't happen to me ever so I'm not so sure this was just a normal thing I'm worried something is up

Anonymous

Hi my son is 4yo and is experiencing a huge amount of blood clots coming out of his nose, it's been happening for 4days now, I've​ taken him to the doctors twice & his doctor said not to worry to much about it. Since leaving the doctors his blood clots seem to be getting alot bigger. Do I need to be concerned about it more?

Anonymous

Hi! My senior year of high school a capillary in my nose burst and my nose gushed blood for an hour plus. I got an extremely long blood clot and, as disgusting as it is, pulled it out through my nose. Apparently it is completely normal, as your body clots blood to stop bleeding. However every time I get a nosebleed, I still monitor it, for instance a short nosebleed should not produce a big clot, that's a sign of a problem.

Anonymous

When my daughter was about 12 years old, she would get these nosebleeds with horrific blood clots. She said they were very painful as they came out. Then one day at age 15 she got a horrible headache. I thought it was a migraine. She was not able to walk and was throwing up. Took her to the ER. After testing it was discovered she had bleeding in the brain. Eventually she had surgery. After surgery it was discovered she had an AVM. Probably born with it. Do not know if the clots were related or not....But she doesn't have them any longer. She is now 43 and no side effects from it all. Point being, something like that should definitely be explored. She almost died!!!

Anonymous

Hi my son is 18 years old and he has been having blood clot nose bleeds for the past 2 days should he be seen by his doctor or go to the ER the blood clots are the size of a quarter as well as he's been spitting them up

Anonymous

hiya my son hayden is 9 years opld for many years he has had nose bleeds the doctor chalked it up to not much other then allerigies this am he had a nose bleed (this isnt the first of its nature but the worst yet) he said daddy i feel like i have something in my nose he started to pull on th etoliet paper he was covering his nose with only to pull out of his nose what appeared to be a darker then avagrage strand of cloted blood i dont know what to make of it i stuck it ina plastic bagto bring to the doctor do i need to panbic i dont wnat to freak out and take him to the er if i dont need to thanks one and all

Hi my Daughter Hayden is 9 years old as well and is going threw the same thing doctor tells me the same thing but I don't think its allergies it has to be something different thats making her bleed this much

Anonymous

I was about to fall asleep when I suddenly got a nosebleed. This was weird to me since I normally don't get them, maybe one or two times a year. I just did what I always do on these rare occasions and titled toward while pinching my nose shut. I thought it was over after 10 minutes and wiped my nose with a tissue only to notice something stuck to it a little. Then there was a bright red clot on the tissue. Am I okay? Or is there something wrong.

It's completely normal to have a blood clot. I get nose bleeds ALL the time, and every time I get one or two of them. Blood clots are just a result of your body trying to stop the bleeding. Hope this helped!

Anonymous

You might need your blood vessels in nostrils to be cauterized by an ENT doctor.

Tags:

Nose Bleed

Nose Bleed Guide