Blood smell and bleeding

I smell blood in my urine but my period is still days away. There wasn't any blood too. When I have sexual intercourse yesterday, there was blood and it seems a lot. I thought it was my period, but today I checked my sanitary pad, it has only a little stain. It has never happen before.

Thanks for your question. Bleeding after sex is only normal if you are getting your period - or do not use a lubricant and are someone who needs one (slight tears can occur).

But if you are still bleeding a little, then it may be your period - you may have heavy flows following by light flows. If your period isn't fully here by today or tomorrow (or this happens again without your period being due) then you may want to contact your health care provider to find the cause.

You may also have a urinary tract infection (bladder infection/ UTI) so please get that checked as these infections could lead to a kidney infection if left untreated. Are you experiencing any pain during urination?