Bloody, gooey and tissue-like discharge before period

By Anonymous April 29, 2015 - 12:47am

I've been spotting for several days. I am currently on birth control and will be getting my period on the upcoming 2 or 3 days. I accidentally took my daily pills late, but within 24 hours before the next dose. Otherwise, I would say that my pills routine is regular. My discharge is brownish and light pink. It is not light nor heavy, so I wear a liner most of the time. However, a strange strand of tissue-like clunk appeared on my liner. It was almost like a thin layer of fat. In addition, I am sexually active with my partner, without protection. Therefore, I am quite worried. Is there any chance that I am pregnant?

If you are taking your pills every day are prescribed (you do need to make an effort to take them around the same time - put an alarm on your phone to remind you) then you are protected. 

The discharge you talk about sounds like it could be cervical mucus or tissue being expelled from your uterus as part of your period.  It's not something to worry about.