What could cause pain in the right leg below the knee with swelling and redness. I have had an ultra sound to check for clots and a exray. Both came back normal with good blood flow. The pain is dull and I limp with his. I have arthritis in the knee.

Did your physician exam you? At first, the symptoms of pain and redness made me think you have cellulitis. Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin and tissues beneath the skin. Cellulitis usually begins as a small area of tenderness, swelling, and redness that spreads to adjacent skin. But, your physician would have noted this on physical exam.

Swelling and redness are signs of inflammation. I am surprised that your physician could not make a diagnosis.