Cancer

Cancer Guide

ask: brachytherapy for early stage endometrial adenocarcinoma

I am a 72 year old who was diagnosed with endometrial adenocarcinoma stage 1a grade2.should I get brachytherapy even though my surgeon and the radiologist say it's up to me.I have several intestinal problems and worried about side effects. The surgeon and radiologist are noncommittal. I don't know what to do. I would appreciate some advice . Thank you

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER. Brachytherapy is one type of radiation therapy that's used to treat cancer. Brachytherapy may cause fewer side effects than does external beam radiation, and the overall treatment time is usually shorter with brachytherapy.Brachytherapy allows doctors to deliver higher doses of radiation to more-specific areas of the body, compared with the conventional form of radiation therapy. It's important to discuss with your doctor as to which type of treatment would be best for you. Hope this was helpful?

Daisy

Have you ever participated in a clinical trial?: