Pregnancy Guide

ask: Breakthrough bleeding, ovulation and period, confused. Who can help?

By Roselopez4738

Ok so I got my period on June 1st and started my fist pack if birth control ever(sprintec) on the 3rd which was the first Sunday after my period. I was having unprotected sex with my fiancé ever since I finished my period on the Friday. In the second week of being on the pill I missed 3 pills. One on wed(13th) one on Friday(15th) and one on sat(16th). Like i said i was having unprotected sex almost everyday and I was originally due to ovulate on the 17th but now I'm having breakthrough bleeding since Monday morning. It's really light and I only see it when I wipe but I'm having strong cramps. So here are my questions.... 1) is it possible that I ovulated before or during my breakthrough bleeding or will I ovulate after? 2) if I didn't ovulate or concieve will I get my period again in a week and a half even tho I had this break through bleeding?..... Just to add I always had a normal 30 say cycle.

Dear RoseLopez,

Sometimes, if you miss a few pills, your body may recognize this as time for withdrawal bleeding to begin. You should not be having withdrawal bleeding again in a week. Once your cycle returns to regular, please do not forget to take your birth control pills-- otherwise, this may occur again and you are risking the chance of pregnancy.

Rosa

Roselopez4738

I also did not make up any of the pills and I've stopped taking them in case I actually did concieve, I wouldn't want to hurt the pregnancy.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :