ask: breast pain after 5 months of open heart surgery

after having open heart surgery my breast still hurt real bad its been 5 months today is that ok

I also had bypass surgery 4 months ago. My left breast is EXTREMLY painful and cannot touch it. I spoke to the surgeon about it. He said it is because this is where they took the graft from and "you just have to learn to live with it" I was shocked. Hence I am getting another opinion

I had a quadruple heart by pass over a year ago and my left breast still hurts all the time. My incision site in my chest is still so sore that I can't hardly stand to touch it. But my cardio surgeon says I'm just fine. I hope if he ever needs open heart surgery that he has a better surgeon that I did.

Hi Ladies
My GP is trying me on a new pain tablet. It's normally a tablet for epilepsy but it's now being used for nerve pain post surgery. They are called Lyrica. I only started them tonight, the pain has eased ALOT, still have soreness but it's early days yet.
Maybe talk to your GP and give them a try.
My pain is so bad I asked him about removing the breast. He said it would be useless as I would still have the pain. Anyway just thought I'd let you ladies know about this medication.

I had a triple bypass in August 2010 and still hurt in my left breast. At least, the part of it I can feel. Also, my left leg hurts from my knee to the end of my toes. i have tried to talk to seven doctors about this issue but they acted as if I never said a word. I no longer trust any doctor. I have learned that doctors are not like the doctors in TV commercials, they do not talk to you about anything.

Is this pain at the incision site? Do you notice any drainage? Redness? etc.

5 months post-surgery if you feel pain, this needs to be addressed, certainly some discomfort at times may be expected but what you are describing is something that is causing you daily pain and is at the very least moderate.

Please consult your doctor about this, whether it is at your next check-up if it's coming up or give the office a call.

Wishing you the best,

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :