ask: breast pain after my period? ?

By leigal

Hi there i have had very sore breasts now for 2 weeks after my period.... Similar to the pain i would get before my period only slightly worse and my breasts are slighty bigger too. I have done a hpt which was negative. I called my gp and eplained this "if you are far enough on in a pregnancy to get these symptoms you would defo get a positive result" was the answer i was given. No other suggestions, do you have any idea what could be causing this??

Thanks
Leigh

Christine Jeffries

Hi Leigal,
Thanks for your question and for finding EmpowHER. Some reasons for pain can be hormones, and infections. If the pain is persistent, get back to your gynecologist or general practitioner and have them check to rule out any conditions. Do you perform regular breast exams on yourself?
Here is the EmpowHER definition for breast pain: Mastalgia is breast pain. There are two types of mastalgia, cyclical and noncyclic. Cyclical breast pain is most often associated with menstrual periods. Noncyclic pain does not vary with the menstrual cycle.
Keep track of any symptoms you are having, and if the pain persists, get back to a doctor.
Good luck and let us know how you're doing.
Here is the Breast Pain page from EmpowHER. It may contain some information for you that could be helpful: Breast Pain page

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: