Breathlessness at 39 weeks pregnant

Hello. I am 39 weeks pregnant and for the past couple months (about 2) I get winded very easily. It doesn't happen unless I am up doing something like dishes, walking in the store, or sometimes it happens when I am brushing my teeth or hair. It doesn't make me feel dizzy but I do have to sit down when it happens. And then it goes away fairly quickly but I am left with a fast pulse. (When I checked it was around 120 bmp.) The only way to really describe how I feel is it feels like I just ran a marathon. I don't have any chest pain or blue extremeties or swelling. I told my doctor about the shortness of breath about a month ago and he said that as long as I don't get palpatations or pain that it was probably just the baby pressing against my diaphram, but I can say honestly that I am a worryer by nature and I get scared that there maybe something wrong with my heart. (I get heart flutters once in a while and have always gotten them as far back as I can remember. Even had a Echocardio done when I was 18 and they told me that they didn't find anything abnormal. I'm 26 now. The doctors said those are normal too as long as there is no dizziness, lightheadedness, or pain.) I guess my fear is that something will be overlooked and then labor comes and something bad will happen. Should I be worried or does this sound like pretty normal pregnancy symptoms? I didn't have this with my first child. And I also want to add that it never happens while I am sitting or laying down.

I also had a lot of breathlessness when pregnant; I carried very high with my last child and by the end, I felt like my lungs were being squeezed to pieces. So this can be pretty normal at the end of many pregnancies.

However, to allay your fears, it's a good idea to mention it to your doctor.