ask: Broken condom, PCOS, possibly pregnant. Advice please?

By Angelwings23 December 2, 2012 - 11:29am

I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2007 due to having an absent period for 5 months and gaining 20 pounds. Over the years my cycles have been wacky but for about the last year or 2 my cycles have straightened out and I have a 33 day cycle. I come on every month like clockwork. My last period was on November 4th. I had sex throughout the month of November BUT it was all protected with a condom.

On the 25th of November the condom busted completely through. We didn't realize it had busted until we were finished. My next period is due on the 7th of December. What are my chances of being pregnant? Thanks.

Dear Angelwings,

Thanks for your post. In instances like the one on Nov 25th where you used a condom and it tore, it is a wise idea to get the morning after pill as a form of protection. However, since it's Dec 2nd, it's too late for that. Just keep it in mind if you do have another accident in the future. 

It's really impossible for us to say whether or not you're pregnant but if the condom broke then there is always a chance for pregnancy. 

Wait until your period is due and if it is late, test for pregnancy.

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :