ask: Brown blood during period?

Hello everyone! I've been on the birth control pill Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for the past five or six months now, and in the last... I'd say 3 months, when I start taking my placebo pills, my period is mostly brown. There is some red in there, but I am used to only getting brown blood toward the end of my period, but this time it's during the entire thing. I have had no break-through bleeding at any point, and I start my period on the third placebo pill every month like clockwork. So, nothing unusual in the way of cycle, or amount of blood, just the color of it.

Anonymous

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Sometimes is normal to experience bleeding or spotting while taking birth control.  If you experience bleeding longer then usual, its important to let your doctor know about any new changes.  

Daisy

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: