brown discharge and then light period

By October 26, 2014 - 6:13pm

I'm 20 and I haven't had sex since August 19th with my ex boyfriend and it was unprotected. I got my period normally since, but this month I had a brown discharge and I googled it and I assumed it was the beginning of my period but I normally have a heavy flow, and I've had a light flow which seems pretty unnatural. Spent the last hour googling answers and now I'm scared that I could possibly be pregnant

Hi missrebecca

Thanks for your post. 

If you have been getting your period since sex in August, you are not pregnant. 

It sounds like you are just having a different kind of period this month - this happens sometimes. Brown blood usually means old blood. 

Don't keep googling - it will drive you nuts. If you want to confirm you're not pregnant, a test will let you know this.