Bruised cervix or cyst?

By July 11, 2016 - 4:08am

2 weeks back my partner had hit my cervix when we were busy having sexual intercourse. The abdominal pain was unbearable and I started taking painkillers everyday. On Friday I decided to go visit the doctor and I diagnosed me with a big cyst. Do u think it is just a bruised cervix? I'll have to go to the hospital to be examined.

Hi Sikie

Thank you for your post and welcome!

When the cervix is hit during sex, it can indeed be quite painful.

What kind of test did your doctor do in order to diagnose a cyst? If you do indeed have one, a scan will pick it up. I suppose all you can do is get the scan to see if your doctor was correct.

You may have a combination of a bruised cervix and a cyst.

Read more about cysts here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/ovarian-cysts

Hi there. Thanx for the reply.
He did a scan and said I have a cyst its 6cm. I will then have to be checked on whether it needs to be operated or I should be put under treatment. Do u think I will be able to conceive ? I'm worried because I have one working tube as it is.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Sikie)

Hi Again!

Women with cysts have babies all the time. Having cysts does not preclude you from pregnancy.

Talk to your doctor and make sure they know a having a child is important to you so this can be kept in mind when deciding what to do. You must also have a voice in this.