Burning nipple and surrounding aread

My right nipple burns for approx 5 seconds whenever I press it. I am 41 years old. No other signs no other symptoms, no swelling; rash; dry skin;redness etc not going through menapause. This started about 3 weeks ago. Please could you advise as I am worried

Hi I am a 44 years old male, and for the last days I am feeling burning on my right nipple, this morning I started feeling the same thing on my left nipple. I am doing research on line and all I can see is the women having the same problem. I am very scared. When my clothes touches my nipples the burning moves up.
what can this be?
please help me if you have an answer for me

This is my exact case, pls let know how your visit to your doctor went, will also try to see my doctor if mine persist. Its only been on for some days. Thank you

Hi Tania,

The "number of things" I meant are mentioned above - nerve damage, hormonal changes or possible infection. Your doctor will be able to shed more light.

Please let us know how your visit goes and it's great to see you being so proactive about your health!

Thank you Susan. I have booked to see the doctor for Monday as I am quiet apprehensive about these symptoms. You said it could be a number of things could you shed any further light on this?

Thanks again. Tania.

This is actually a question we often hear.

Your symptoms could be due to some nerve damage in this area or could even be a hormonal issue - at 41 you may be entering peri-menopause ( a stage before Menopause that can last multiple years). Do you feel any warmth/heat from your breast? If so, you may have an infection.

Your best bet, since this has been going on for three weeks, is to schedule a visit with your doctor or gynecologist since there could be several reason why this is happening.

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide