Can anyone help?

By September 3, 2015 - 1:40am

I had unprotected sex 1 day (yesterday) before my fertile window ( not ovulation day) I have been a little gassy and bloated. I read that the best time to get pregnant is to have sex 2-3 days before ovulation, I'm just a little worried I could get pregnant. I'm also having a little bit of discharge today.

Hi Mac89!

Having sex a day before ovulation can certainly lead to pregnancy, or two days before or the day of. If you don't want to get pregnant don't have unprotected sex when you know you're ovulating.

Consider emergency contraception if you want to avoid pregnancy - talk to your pharmacist and research the medication so you know what to expect.

I'm not ovulating until the 8th. Just my fertile days started yesterday

HERWriter Guide (reply to Mac89)

Hi Mac89

You can get pregnant up to 5 days before ovulation. You ovulate for 24 hours only. You have one fertile day per month but since sperm can stay alive up to 5 days, obviously you can get pregnant from sex in the days before.